June 2012 Triangle-RDU Marketing, PR and Advertising Events
It’s June, and great marketing, PR and advertising events are busting out all over the Triangle! Read on for all of this month’s learning and networking opportunities.
June 5 – AIGA Raleigh. Voices, Ideas, and Connections: Crafting Interactive Experiences with Second Story, 7:00-8:00 p.m. at Red Hat, 1801 Varsity Drive, Raleigh. Second Story founder and managing director Julie Beeler and producer Michael Pittman will speak on the collaboration, craft, and creativity they apply in their work – building memorable interactive experiences. Cost: $20 for members and partner members, $25 for nonmembers. Connect on Facebook; Twitter: @aigaraleigh.
June 6 – Monthly AIGA Raleigh Community Meeting, 6:30 p.m., New Kind, 105 Brooks Avenue, Raleigh. (Parking is available in the lot underneath the building.) Introductions start at 6:30, followed by the monthly presentation of chapter updates and announcements. Free. Connect on Facebook; Twitter: @aigaraleigh.
June 7 – Function Pink Developers Group Meetup, Future Insights Live ecap, 7:00 p.m., Capstrat, 1201 Edwards Mill Road, Raleigh. Future Insights Live was a week-long conference in Las Vegas focusing on web design, development and mobile. The next Function Pink meeting will recap the event for you by distilling five days of awesomeness into an action packed 90 minute highlight session. Your presenters for the night will be Les James and Shannon Mølhave. Free. Connect on Twitter: @functionpink.
June 12 – Triangle IABC Professional Development Meeting: Why the Press Release is “Evil” (and other thoughts on how to stand out in a crowded communications landscape), 12 noon-1:30 p.m. at Crabtree Grill, Marriott Crabtree Valley, 4500 Marriott Drive, Raleigh. Mike Trainor, VP of National Accounts, S&A Cherokee, will talk about how to navigate today’s evolving media landscape and generate meaningful exposure for your brand. Cost: Before June 6, $15 for members, $30 for non-members, $5 for students with ID; prices rise June 7. Connect on Facebook; Twitter: @IABCNCTriangle.
June 12 – LinkedIn Live Raleigh – 6 Years of Business Networking, 6:00-9:00 p.m. Spy Raleigh, 330 West Davie Street, Raleigh. Free. Join James C. Wong and Virginia L. Johnson of Empowered Ideas, a digital marketing and communications firm for small businesses and nonprofits, as they celebrate their first year as your LinkedIn Live Raleigh hosts. Connect on Facebook; Twitter: @LinkedinRaleigh.
June 12, 13, 14 – TIMA SME (Subject Matter Experts) Lunches. TIMA will be hosting special lunch events for members only. The “Subject Matter Expert” series presents topics hosted at member businesses around the Triangle. Members are invited to pick a topic that interests them and lunch is on TIMA. Non-members may join TIMA to participate in these events. All SME events begin at 11:30 a.m. Registration required. Connect on Facebook; Twitter: @TIMA_NC.
- SME#1: Creating Content that “Reads,” June 12, News & Observer, 215 McDowell Street. Know how to craft your content to address different audiences is essential in supporting your marketing goals. Join the N&O team for some insights. Plus get a tour of the N&O if you can stay after lunch!
- SME#2: “E-Mail Deliverability,” June 13, Bronto, 324 Blackwell Street, Suite 410, Durham. Brad Gurley, Bronto’s Professional Services & Deliverability Consultant, will present a helpful overview on the state of email marketing deliverability and offer tips to improve your deliverability.
- SME#3: “Choosing a CMS”, June 14, Womble Carlyle, 150 Fayetteville Street, Suite 2100, Raleigh. Peter Fogelsanger from Sitecore, Inc. will discuss the key elements in identifying and selecting a content management system for your website and other platforms including tablet and mobile.
- SME#4: “How Traditional Advertising Complements Digital,” June 14, TheeDesign, 5206 Hollyridge Drive, Raleigh. Join digital strategist and business consultant Jake Finkelstein of Method Savvy for a discussion of how traditional advertising strategies such as print, television and radio can complement digital initiatives to create a powerful and effective integrated marketing program.
June 20 – AIGA Town Square, 7:30 p.m. at The Crunkleton, 320 West Franklin Street, Chapel Hill. The AIGA Town Square is an open meet-up for designers in the Durham/Chapel Hill area to network, have a beer and discuss ideas & the latest design trends. Free. Connect on Facebook; Twitter: @aigaraleigh.
June 20 –NCPRSA Professional Development Luncheon, Social Media Engagement Begins Offline: A Corporate Case Study in Building Successful Relationships in Latin America, 11:45 a.m.-1:15 p.m.at McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurant, Crabtree Valley Mall, Raleigh. Speaker Natalia A. Flores, APR, of Fusion Communications will discuss the inter-relationship between offline and online communications, and how to effectively increase brand engagement and loyalty among consumers. Connect on Facebook; Twitter: @NCPRSA.
June 20 – Raleigh New Media Leaders Summer Event, 6:30-11:00 p.m. at The Hive, 225 South Wilmington Street, Raleigh. New Media Leaders is a community focused organization that provides the opportunity for new media leaders to connect, communicate and discover. Free. Connect on Facebook; Twitter: @NewMediaLeaderz.
June 21 – Triangle AMA Luncheon, From Analytics to Actions: Utilize Your Website Data 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. at Brier Creek Country Club, 9400 Club Hill Drive, Raleigh. Chris Leone, Chief Marketing Officer at WebStrategies, Inc. will provide clear examples on how to test, analyze and learn from the visitors coming to your site. Cost: $30 for members, $40 for non members; cost increases after June 15. Connect on Facebook; Twitter: @TriangleAMA.
June 22 – TIMA Presents the Fullstream Viral Video Festival 4, 8:00-11:00 p.m. at Backyard at The London Bridge Pub, 110 E Hargett Street, Raleigh. Come to this viral video viewing marathon and tweet your favorite videos to the MC with the hashtag #viralrtp. Free. Connect on Facebook; Twitter: @TIMA_NC.
June 26 – Raleigh Public Relations Society Monthly Lunch Meeting, 11:45 a.m.-1:15 p.m. at Midtown Grille, 4421-115 Six Forks Road, Raleigh. Connect on Facebook; Twitter: @RPRS.
June 26 – SEO – What You Need To Know Meetup on Professional Link Building, 6:30 p.m., Location TBA. Join host Phil Buckley to learn more about moving up in the SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages) to make more money if your business is in a highly competitive market. Free.
No Triangle-area marketing or program events in June (or not yet posted):
- AAF Raleigh/Durham – Connect on Facebook; Twitter: @AAFRDU
- N.C. Technology Association – Connect on Facebook; Twitter: @NCTA.
Please send event info or corrections to patrick at insidetrianglecomms.com. Our LinkedIn group is Triangle PR and Marketing Professionals.
- March 2015 Triangle-RDU Marketing, PR and Advertising Events
- February 2015 Triangle-RDU Marketing, PR and Advertising Events
- January 2015 Triangle-RDU Marketing, PR and Advertising Events
- December 2014 Triangle-RDU Marketing, PR and Advertising Events
- November 2014 Triangle-RDU Marketing, PR and Advertising Events
- March 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (1)
- January 2015 (1)
- December 2014 (1)
- November 2014 (1)
- September 2014 (1)
- August 2014 (1)
- July 2014 (1)
- June 2014 (1)
- May 2014 (1)
- April 2014 (1)
- March 2014 (1)
- February 2014 (1)
- January 2014 (1)
- December 2013 (1)
- November 2013 (1)
- October 2013 (1)
- September 2013 (1)
- August 2013 (1)
- July 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (1)
- April 2013 (2)
- March 2013 (1)
- February 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- October 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (1)
- June 2012 (1)
- April 2012 (2)
- February 2012 (1)
- September 2011 (2)
- July 2011 (1)
- June 2011 (1)
- May 2011 (2)
- April 2011 (1)
- March 2011 (2)
- February 2011 (8)
- January 2011 (8)
- RT @sarahkendzior: One Trump trip to Mar-a-Lago costs the same as eight Obama speeches. Difference is Cantor Fitzgerald isn't paying. You… 1 hour ago
- RT @Ali_Davis: Why am I supposed to care more about Obama making a legal paycheck when he's out of office than Trump's millions in in-offic… 3 hours ago
- Thread v twitter.com/sovietsergey/s… 3 hours ago
- RT @sarahkendzior: Good advice. He should resign from his position like Flynn did too. twitter.com/tedlieu/status… 3 hours ago
- RT @WRALJulia: Boy- that tow truck worker deserves a shout out! #wral #ncwx https://t.co/Jlwdyt8rpp 10 hours ago